IB ENGLISH B RESOURCES
Just what you're looking for!
Empowering IB Eng B teachers with time-saving, easy-to-use,
low-to-no-prep, ready-to-run lessons and resources
to enrich student learning.
Thank you for visiting Contented Being!
Created by an award-winning writer
and highly experienced EAL/Second Language IB English B teacher,
Contented Being's time-saving, student-focused, ready-made English B lessons
encourage students to develop the skills needed to be independent learners.
Using a wide range of established second language acquisition methodologies,
and combining collaborative, active learning techniques,
these lessons put the emphasis on making students do the work,
freeing you to provide invaluable personalised attention.
Ideal for those new to teaching English B, or experienced teachers looking for fresh approaches.
Provides lots of evidence to support 5-Year-Review ATL requirements
Over 100 ready-made, ready-to-run lessons for the busy English B teacher:
30 x HL Individual Oral Prep Lessons
64 x How to Write Text Type Lessons
18 x Skills Support Lessons
3 x Tests Lessons Packs
THE LITERATURE PACK
A massive 25-resource bundle covering 30 x 60-minute lessons
to prepare your students for the IB English B Individual Oral.
Based upon the award-winning YA novel The Pebble Champion,
this Literature Pack is a must-buy.
Find out more here.
TEXT TYPES PACK:
16 Comprehensive workbooks that not only provide your students with everything they need to write effective text types, but also make the entire writing process ENTIRELY VISIBLE, so you can be assured no AI was used to do their writing for them.
Each workbook spans 4 x 60-minute lessons.
Based around a mentor text and with step-by-step guides, these resources include mini-research projects, prompt-analysis tasks, AND a thorough checklist for each text type. It's like having a writing tutor beside them,
assisting them every step of the way!
Find out more here.
SKILLS SUPPORT PACK:
Here you will find 18 ready-made, low-to-no-prep lessons
with slideshows and resources to teach students the skills required to support effective reading, writing, speaking and listening.
From How to Hook your Reader to How to Run a Harkness Discussion,
these 60-minute lessons are highly interactive and sure to engage and stimulate your students.
Here you will find 3 Reading and Listening Tests,
each covering a different text type and writing process.
Uses exam-style questions.
HOW THESE LESSONS SUPPORT 5-YEAR REVIEW
- Students are given time to think before answering questions
- Open-ended questions are asked
- Challenging tasks are given to develop higher-order thinking skills
- Students are encouraged to express their thoughts clearly
- Reflective activities are provided
- Students practice online search skills
- Frameworks are provided to help narrow the scope of a task
- Students explain their understanding of tasks to each other
- Writing tasks are designed for different audiences
- Students check the quality of their writing
- Listening skills are practiced
- Feedback is given on speaking and writing skills
- Different types of texts are read and understood
- All students are encouraged to contribute to discussions
- Students work in small groups
- Peer assessment is used to evaluate group performance
- Group assessment tasks are given
- Students discuss and come up with shared understanding
- Opportunities to make decisions are provided
- Students revise and improve previous work
- Larger tasks are broken down into smaller steps
- Personal relevance in subject matter is emphasised
"The Contented Being teaching resources have proven to be an invaluable asset in enhancing my students' language proficiency and writing ability. Not only do they effectively communicate the nuances of various text types, but they also adeptly embed essential skills such as analysis, synthesis, and interpretation. I highly recommend purchasing these resources to any English B SL or HL teacher."
Joe Jones - English Teacher (Huili School Shanghai).